Saturday 26 March 2011

Evaluation - Progression from preliminary task.

I  feel i have progressed scince my preliminary task. Underneath shows images of my preliminary task and my main task.

I feel i have progressed from my preliminary task well. My skills have developed before from before, in my preliminary task i had to take a picture of my image against a white background because i was unable to remove a picture from a background, but now i can and have proved this throughout my magazine. My images are also now more to do witth the genre of the magazine, and i have thought about shot types etc. I have improved also on the layout of my magazine, some of the captions on my prelimiary task look out of place like they shoudnt be there, but on my main task they look more like they belong there. 

I also feel like I've made better use of the space, instead of just writing a few things I've included more captions of things included in the magazine. Ive also included a bar code, issue numbers and a price which i didn't do on the preliminary task. Also my preliminary task looked as if it was more for females, but i feel my main task can attract both audiences.

1 comment:

  1. Current Marks

    Research and Planning 14/20
    Production 40/60

    Total Marks: 54/100 (D)

    You now need to complete your evaluation, and make any further improvements to your work by the final deadline of the 7th of April. To improve your magazine further try to have varied use of fonts and colour across your pages. On the double page spread consider moving the pull-quote to the top of the right hand page, and deleting the text that is currently. Put a caption beneath the picture. To improve your evaluation discuss the skills you have developed from your preliminary to your main task. Explain why media institutions would produce a magazine like yours. Compare your magazine to existing magazines to explain how you have followed conventions. Use specific examples from your magazine to explain how you have targeted a specific target audience.

    ReplyDelete